Public Notices

Northfield Highway Position Available

The Town of Northfield has an opening for an equipment operator/laborer within its Highway Department. The highway equipment operator/laborer performs truck driving, plowing, and maintenance of roads and other town infrastructure....

This is a full-time hourly position. The ideal candidate will have five years’ experience in road maintenance and construction. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please click the PDF icon below to download the job description.

To apply, please complete a job application or resume and send it to or mail to Northfield Town Manager, 51 South Main Street, Northfield, Vermont 05663.

The Town will be accepting applications through Friday, October 14, 2022. The Town of Northfield is an equal opportunity employer.


Northfield VT - Hydrant Flushing

The Northfield Water Department will be flushing fire hydrants on all municipal streets starting Monday, September 26, 2022, and finishing by Friday, September 30, 2022...

Flushing may result in some discoloration and the presence of sediment in the water reaching your home or business. These conditions are not harmful and should be of short duration. If you encounter discolored water in your home or business, run the cold-water faucet until the water is clear.

For more information, please contact the Northfield Utility Office at 802-485-5411.


Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance

Starting October 1, 2022, the Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program (VERAP) is making major changes in both rental and utility payment assistance...

Please make sure to read about the changes before the end of September at


Northfield VT - Roadside Leaf Collection

The Leaf Picker will start operating on Monday, October 10, 2022. Roadside leaf collection will continue through Friday, November 18, 2022 or until the first snowstorm (whichever comes first)...

Please move your leaves to the side of the road and they will be removed as soon as possible.
LEAVES ONLY PLEASE! No brush or branches.

For more information, please contact Highway Foreman Trent Tucker at 802-485-9851.


Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events 2022

Mountain Alliance and Casella Waste Systems, Inc. will hold two (2) household hazardous waste collection events in 2022. The first was held at the Randolph Transfer Station on June 18, 2022. The second will be held behind the Northfield Fire Station on Saturday, November 12, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

These collection events are for residents of Randolph, Braintree, Brookfield, Roxbury, and Northfield only.

Please click the PDF below for additional information including a full list of the materials that will and will not be accepted.


Northfield VT Committee Vacancies

The Town of Northfield now has a vacancy on the Northfield Conservation Committee (NCC) and another on its Town Forest Stewardship Committee (TFSC)…

The NCC serves in an advisory capacity to the Northfield Select Board in promoting stewardship of Northfield’s natural and cultural resources. The NCC meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.

The TFSC is a subcommittee of the Conservation Commission and focuses on Town Forest concerns. These include trail accessibility and maintenance, organizing group hikes and other public awareness events, etc. The TFSC meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.

If you are interested in serving on one of these committees, please send a letter of interest with résumé to Town Manager Jeff Schulz, c/o Municipal Building, 51 South Main Street, Northfield VT 05663 or email Letters of interest will be accepted until the positions are filled.


Burn Permits

Burn Permits are required in the Town of Northfield. Please contact Fire Warden Brian Elwell at 802-279-4023 or Assistant Fire Warden Titus Soble at 802-793-9030 before you burn.


VPPSA 2022 Incentives

The Vermont Public Power Supply Authority (VPPSA) has new rebate and instant discount opportunities for its utility customers. This includes customers of the Northfield Electric Department...

Please click the PDF icon for more information.


Fireworks Permit Application

Northfield residents planning to hold a fireworks display should be aware that a local permit is required. Please note the permit application has to be submitted to the Town Manager at least fifteen (15) days prior to the event...

Please click the PDF icon to download the form. If you have any questions, contact Town Manager Jeff Schulz at or at 802-485-9822.


ADA Non-Compliance Grievance Procedure

The Town of Northfield has adopted policies that affirm its compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"). Please click here to view the full text of the ADA Grievance Procedure.